Join us in Paris on March 16-17, 2017,
for the higher education and research fair
ABOUT RUE, THE HIGHER EDUCATION AND RESEARCH FAIR
The annual meeting of French higher education (HE) and research institutions : current information, debates, meetings and exchanges on HE developments, and social and economic issues.
- To gather the stakeholders of research, innovation and training (higher educational and research institutions, corporations and business federations, start-up…),
- To widen the understanding of structures, policies, trends and developments in higher education and research
- To share best practices, give feed-back or capitalise on experiments
- To connect different networks through exclusive meetings
5 000 participants in 2016 : 3 800 professionals, 1 200 students (Masters, PhD)
=> A major French HE exhibition with, since its inception, an international dimension
FRANCE, A WORLDWIDE CAMPUS : THE PROGRAMME OUTLINES
Among the « In/Out » themes : How to attract talent, make a difference, create resources ?
Reception conditions and services : what kinds of investments do international campuses require ?
- What are the international standards for an attractive campus (accomodation, digital equipemnts, educational tools)
- Welcoming and following-up on students, researchers and their families
- Ways and means to make things easier : regulations, support agencies, etc.
à CIUP, CNOUS, Université de Lyon, Campus France, SBE, etc.
The international visibility of our institutions :
how attractive are French training and research establishments ?
- What are the synergies between HE institutions and their territories ? Could promoting the academic excellence of French campuses make them better assets for regional and local authorities? How to use them ?
- The impact of rankings : are they as important as French people think they are ? Best practices, strategies …
- « Run with the pack » : the best way to gain weight on the international stage ? Using university networks (N8, COMUE, LERU, etc.), delegation visits, PSL lobbying on rankings institutions, etc. better.
- Using international employers brands to better effect ?
- Digital and other new ways of going worldwilde :
what are the innovative and most effective teaching methods ?
- How to better promote your international collaborations, and those of others ?
Corporations : how should they continue to track the best foreign studients after graduation ?
- How French and other companies best use foreign students (work experience, legal status, etc.) ?
What are the common opportunities ? à Erasmus Mundus, Campus France, etc.
Migrants : should France train refugee students ? How to make the best of this opportunity ?
Among the « In/Out » themes
Export training and build research collaborations : what are the winning strategies ?
What are the best models ?
- Satellite campuses / exchange programmes / exported diplomas (France stratégie)
- The new training hubs : Singapour, Casablanca, the Middle East, Shanghai …
- The « Bachelor » : a newcomer to France, the new international Grail ? A more legible system ?
- Research contracts with outsider scientists / LabCom
- The keys to fostering more and better South-South and other triangular collaborations (IRD).
Export training through digital devices
- Digital Campuses : Brittany, UBL – Lebanon, Ivory Coast
- WebLabs and MOOCs
- E-learning : a new frontier for French institutions ? Certifications, distance graduation, business models, which languages depending on what the goals are, etc.
- Case studies : FutureLearn (UK), Cnam … .
Assets and barriers : fees, languages, certifications, etc.
How French institutions help start-ups and innovative SMEs going global ? Which support for and by which academic structures ? (FrenchTech hubs, BPI, competiivity clusters, CCI,…) ?
TO GET FURTHER INFORMATIONS
+33 153 103 021 • +33 614 840 617
R&I Business Manager
+33 183 974 146 • +33 627 141 273
ABOUT THE ORGANISER
AEF – MEDIA
AEF is a professional digital press group that produces highly specialised information, notably in the fields of education, university instruction and research ; training, including adult retraining ; human ressources and social protection ; employability and professional insertion ; sustainable development and corporate social responsability.
More than 80 journalists produce AEF information, with press correspondants in all major administrative domains.
2 000 organisations and 20 000 décision-makers subscribe to AEF press releases, with more than 100 000 readers.
AEF – EVENTS
AEF organises major French events such as :
- RUE, the Higher Education and Research Fair (since 2008)
- « Jeunes d’Avenirs », the employment and training event for NEETs (Not in Education, Employment or Training), 13 000 visitors
- Admission Post Bac, the Higher Education Guidance Fair, 47 000 visitors
- Nouvelle Vie professionnelle, about job mobility and retraining.
- and many other symposia and topical meetings …